Fly Fishing Forum banner

Another digital/tech question

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
Now that I've posted a few pics by using the img coding and web addresses for my album at nikonnet.com, I've noticed a peculiar trend. Whithin the first several hours of posting the images here on the site, they show up fine. However, the next day they don't show unless I use the Back button in my browser to go back to the board post list, and then the Forward button to go back to the open post. Check out the Test post and Marabou Shrimp in the bonefish archive, and the marabou shrimp in the warmwater archive and use your browser as I've indicated to see what I'm talking about.

I have several pictures to post, but don't want to if viewing them will be short lived or a pain to access as described above. Any ideas of what might be happening here? Something I might be able to do to prevent this in the first place?

Sorry for the ignorance, but I thought that I might finally have all of this figured out. Thanks.

#2 ·
Mark,
Just about to update you on this...it seems as though Nikon rotates their session ID's therefore rendering the links useless after some time. MSN communities used to work for me, but I haven't tried in a while. I'm off to see if we can fix this. Urgh...Nikon. I thought we were on to something good.:(

#4 ·
Most internet service providers (ISP) give you 5-10 Mb of webspace free with your account. Typically you use a file transfer protocol (FTP) program to upload the images to your allotted space on the ISP's server. the only snag I've had with this is the ISP migrating things to new servers.

#5 ·
Hey guys- I got fed up with the lack of a file compression feature in the software that came with my camera so I called Olympus. Once they learned of the model I own, they told me that the compression feature is right on the camera and can be used anytime after a pic is taken. When I asked why this wasn't spelled out in the manual (and belive me, I looked :mad: ), they told me that it was an oversight. Big oversight!

It seems that I may be able to straighten out the file size issue without having to rely on any sites for file storage. I'll work on it tonight, and make a general announcement if it does in fact work out.

Thanks again, guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.