Fly Fishing Forum banner

Saltwaterline

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kentP 
#1 ·
My name is Kent Petersen and i live in Sweden i wright english as i speak it,sorry.
I going to by new lines for my rods Sage Xi2-wt8 , CTS Affinity Salt- wt9. Here in Sweden we dont have much experience of tropical flyfishing so i cant get much help. I have SA Mastery Series Saltwater- Saltwater. It’s a very good line if it’s not to much wind but i am going to Los Roques this winter and there it’s windy all time. I do think the problem is that the head is to long.The good thing with that line is that i can use it here in Sweden also where the climate is not tropics. Fore my frechwater fishing in Sweden i use SA Ultra 4 and very pleased with it . Is SA Ultra 4 Saltwater lines something considering.
I need yours input of-opinion-thoughts-experience of all of the the lines out there on the market, Scientific Anglers, Rio , Jim Tenny , Cortland.............................
I realy need yours help and should value every thoughts.
KentP

#2 ·
Rio makes a line called Quickshooter. It loads an Xi2 at close range quite nicely. No need to overline in windy conditions. I think their Bonefish line is good for longer casts from a boat. Wading, I like the Quickshooter. Check out their web site. They are a sponsor of the forum. Other will chime in, I'm sure.

Let us know what you decide upon, and give us a report on your fishfing at Log Roques this winter.

#4 ·
Hi Kent
I have fished Los Roques many times. OK it is windy but if you are a reasonable caster you should not have much problem. If you are fishing the beaches then you only need to cast about 30ft max.

My prefered bonefish line is the Flip Pallot line from Teeny. It has a short head and is very accurate on short casts.
If you are using a Xi2 then you should use the Sage Equator taper line.

If you need any info about flies, tactics etc. let me know.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.