Fly Fishing Forum banner

Wudja Get?

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Skilly 
#1 ·
OK, I know you are just chompin at the bit to "tell all"........
Soooooooooo.......Wudja get?

Ill start,
I got a custom hand made trout net, and a new little hookie thingie for the back of my vest! Veeeeerrrrrry cool!
Deerhawk

P.S. I have NOT spent the gift card yet!

#4 ·
Great Santa!

Wow! Another "all-expenses" paid FF TRIP! Got my choice of the Bighorn, or Henry's Fork' or Green River (either above [WY] or below [UT] Flaming Gorge. Got 10 days to make up my mind... then, schedule will follow as to dates for the best fishing for my location.

Always the tough decisions, decisions, decisions....:hehe:

BobK:D

#7 ·
Beautiful book...

Lucky me, I now have "Spey Flies & Dee Flies Their History & Construction" by John Shewey. I from time to time make an attempt to tie according to the traditional steelhead style of Syd Glasso, this book is going to make that a little bit easier for me to gauge my results and guide me through the process.
Also it is as beautiful a collection of photos of well tied flies as I have had on the premises.:)

#13 ·
Sean,

The Dremel is a great tool to both remove the eye from a salmon/steelhead hook and to then grind off the burrs and taper the shank end for making them into blind-eye hooks too. The Dremel makes quick work of this. It also is a fine way to grind, taper, and smooth rod guide feet or to make end pockets on cork grips to hide the fixed hood end of the reel seat.

#15 ·
Two books (The Flytying Bible and Steelhead Flyfishing ), flies from L.L. Bean, Hunter's, and Westbank, a Renzetti tool caddy, magnetic hook organizer, and...

... a guided trip on the Kennebec!:devil: :devil: :devil:

All of it (with the exception of the caddy and organizer) from my fiancée. She'll be coming on the trip to take pics; has a repetitive arm injury that prevents her from fishing, unfortunately.

#19 ·
" The Earth Is Enough" Growing up in a world of Flyfishing, Trout and Old Men BY Harry Middleton

A Jet sled for hauling my Ice fishing stuff behind the snow machine... Can't drag the stuff across the tundra anymore with the back the way it is.

Oh, and a NEW HOUSE.. or will have BY THE END OF THE MONTH!!!

#21 ·
I am new to this forum,but have been reading for some time now.My fabulous wife whom is looking over my shoulder as i type this,gave me a Ross canyon big game 5.Now that i have that i need a nice two handed rod to go with it.I should be posting this else where but does any body have any pos or neg about the loop green line series.

#22 ·
A bottle of Doublewood from my daughter and a case of Sam Adams Winter Classics from my son. Boy, do they know which of the old mans buttons to push. Also got a blank check and a picture of a reel in a pretty little xmas'sy bag. Of course the check is one of mine, so I guess what I actually got was permission to spend some of my $$$ on a piece of gear.

#23 ·
A pair of Action Optics Fishbones - Photochromatic All-Hour Brown - from Sandi.

A giant 40"x 94" sleeping bag from my Dad.

Some very cool A-10 Warthog decals, hat and insignias from Penguin and Dana for my '81 F250 4x4 - reverently called the Warthog - it looks terrible but still hauls ass and breathes fire!

Led Zeppelin CD - The BBC Sessions - for the long drive to the Thompson and the Skagit! (from my daughter)

and a pile of serious sink-tips (types 8, 10 & 12) to cut into custom Skagit tips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.