Fly Fishing Forum banner

Tubular Beach Popper?

25K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Tin Pusher 
#1 ·
Here's a question for you, Leland-- You mentioned a while back that some folks have tried your beach popper tied on a tube. I'm getting ready to try just that-- is there a reason not to do so? It seems like it would be a quicker way to get around the snelling process plus you wouldn't be wasting a hook-- I'm going to tie some up tonight or tomorrow for a Saturday trip for SRC and thought I would check with the master first....

thanks for the advice--

Keith

#28 ·
I am having a tough time finding Edgewater Dink component. The companies web site is no longer there so I am thinking that they are gone. If so what popper bodies that are still on the shelves may be the last. Is there an alternative foam that anyone is using? Is there a supply of Edgewater bodies in Bellingham or Vancouver that I have not found.

Thanks
Doug

#31 ·
Leland the fly on pugetsoundflyfishing is a lot fuller than the one shown here. It also has an olive overbody with peacock herl. Is one an evolved version of the other or do you use them for different conditions.

Thanks
Doug

#33 ·
I was confused by the popper13.jpg picture which shows a very sparse fly. I prefer the look of the fuller body with olive and peacock along the top.

Thanks I can hardly wait to try it out in the salt for cutties. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.