Fly Fishing Forum banner

Size 15 wading boots????

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  teflon_jones 
#1 ·
Gents---

I had a crappy pair of Fly Tech size 15 wading boots that have finally bit the dust. Now, as I look for new boots, I am utterly unable to find any in size 15. The Simms 14 is too small.

Any leads from you big troll-foot cave dwellers such as I???

Who make the big wading boots???

#5 ·
Size 15 Wading Boots

Hey Brooklynangler, Hodgman makes a couple of models of wading boots with sizes up to 15...I know, I bought a pair! I normally wear a 13, but all the 13's I've tried kill my feet, especially when cold! I got mine at Sportman's Warehouse in Arizona, but you should be able to find them whereever Hodgman is sold. The price is very reasonable. A side benefit to these is I don't need fins with my float tube, lol! :lildevl: Hope this helps!

Zugbugz

#7 · (Edited)
BrooklynAngler,

Since I can't stand the thought of a Brooklynite spending $200-250 for a pair of wading boots when he might not have too, I suggest you call the Weinbrenner Shoe Co. at 1-800-826-0002 and tell them what you need. IMHO, they make a great wading boot and are a pleasure to deal with.

I do not think they are a sponsor of the board, so as soon as I log off here, I will send them an email suggesting that they sign up. I will copy the powers that be with the message.

My $0.02.

#9 · (Edited)
I just got a pair of Orvis Henry's Fork wading boots off eBay in size 15. Orvis still makes these according to their website. I haven't received the boots to say whether they're a true 15 or not. I wear a 14W or 15 depending the style of shoe and brand. I couldn't find waders in 15, but I talked to Orvis and their stockingfoot waders (Silver Label is what I got) that go up to a 14 have enough stretch in them to fit a 15, though they said it might be a little uncomfortable.

I feel your pain in trying to find stuff in our size. I haven't had a pair of waders in a very long time (early high school?) once my feet got to be size 14. Nobody made anything above a 13, and even those were hard to come by. I came up with my own solution, which has gotten me a lot of funny looks over the years: I wear hiking boots with jeans, and tight-fitting polyester sweatpants underneath them. Once you get wet and the water trapped in the sweatpants warms up from your body heat, you're actually quite comfortable. The jeans stop water from flowing through them so the water in the sweatpants stays trapped and warm. I tend to get cold after a while, but at least I can go fishing in cold streams. This has turned me into a polar bear so now I tend to go to shorts very early in the season. As the weather warms up I just remove the sweatpants from the equation. I've also been able to fish some things I never would have if I had waders. Sometimes I'll just start swimming if there's a good fishing spot that would be too deep to wade to on the other side of a stream. Yeah, I'm a strange guy. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.