Fly Fishing Forum banner

Politically Incorrect Question

4K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  chare 
#1 · (Edited)
The whole Golden Bone thing gave me many laughs But I can't stop grinning over the thought of one specific refrence. At one point Sinktip refers to "Gypsies" as in travelling fishers. Further to this point it is a well gaurded secret that one BC fly club's unofficial moto is "get the f*%! off my river"

Now we all realize that "locals" are just a bunch of ******** that can't get their act together long enough to go anywhere. With that in mind I was wondering. . .

What other names do we use to describe those seasonal "guests" on our home waters?

The 2 I have been fond of are . . . krackers and "Dime Bag Fishermen"( you know, the guys who hoot and yell to the point where it's just embarrassing) The latter being a satire of a really bad canadian fishin' show.

So fess up and protect yer hole:hehe: :devil: N I

#5 ·
Doing river floats many words and phrases come to mind of those one see's on the river. All in good fun of course and I'm sure they all have names for me.

1) Hey, looks like our Canadian friends are going to beat us to the run again!

2) He's got to be a republican dressed like that!

3) Group fishermen are just behind us. Maybe we better skip this run coming up and get the better one around the bend.

3A) Must be one of the big D's classes.

4) Hey what's that guys name, don't we know him?

5) "Christ" that guy can cast!

6) "God" that guy needs a hit of scotch he casts sooo bad.

7) There is your friend, Angie.

8) metrosexual

9) I think it's Plunker.

10) One I never get to say. " Your catching like SS today!":hehe:

#14 ·
Poppy,

You bring up a very good point. The truth of the matter is 95% of the people you meet streamside are absolutley top notch folkes that are a pleasure to fish with. Also I feel very fortunate to be afforded the grace by other anglers while I visit their waters

Some of the responses have been very entertaining and I hope the contributers don't mind if I adopt a few?

one of the Aberdeen boys :) N I

#15 ·
Hey NI...

Being as I'm a retired (tired) trucker I know more then a few "pet names" for ignorant fisherpersons, but I can honestly say I have seen much more BAD behavior by the "locals" then by the visitors. Take care, MJC

#16 ·
Mike, I can tell you've been to the "zoo hole" on ..

MJC said:
Being as I'm a retired (tired) trucker I know more then a few "pet names" for ignorant fisherpersons, but I can honestly say I have seen much more BAD behavior by the "locals" then by the visitors. Take care, MJC

the upper rogue during the spring king run. It's gotten 'so bad' the Oregon State Police (our usual game wardens) 'required' the fish and game dept to close the upper 1 mile of river at 7PM (not dark until 8:30/give or take) due to the number of fights, alcohol related 'incidents,' etc. They just got tired of having to arrest people.

As you might guess, the 'zoo hole' (aka hatchery hole) and down is where the fish tend to congrigate in the largest numbers. It's just amazing to watch these clowns do there thing this time of the year. Combat fishing taken to the 'nth degree.'

#17 ·
For he who pull plugs, dead drifts, or casts spinners through the water you're fishing as they float by: Bubba

Plural form: Bubba Hatch

The best hatches occur on or follow large runs, openers, and holidays.

Best comment by a bubba (my Dad): "for a fly boy you sure didn't mind sitting out the rain under the canvas in Bubba's boat!"

#18 ·
Very Good one...

Ryan (Sparkey) should post this but he may not think of it so here goes.
Big Apes roaring by in Jet Sleds are from this day forward going to be called "Tiller Monkeys" around our campfire.
Thanks Ryan I was wondering if Tiller was Out Board Tiller good one. :hihi:
Maybe its not so politically incorrect to chastise Tiller Monkeys but I am sure someone will be offended. I can't wait to holler this at the appropo time and "Ape".

#20 ·
Hello???

Big Apes roaring by in Jet Sleds are from this day forward going to be called "Tiller Monkeys" around our campfire.
Well, I'm not offended but I would like to point out that there some ethical and courteous fly fishers running sleds. Some of them are even BIG. :whoa:

#21 ·
Hey MJC and Poppy,

Your attitude is more typical of the fisherpersons "from away" that I see on the rivers I fish. You are to be congratulated! It's a pleasure to have a conversation with them in such a beautiful setting. I've never fished anywhere else but around here but would certainly like to. I think I'd think twice though with folks around like the others who have expressed an opinion here. You're right...some of the locals(not many, thank goodness) need more of a lesson in etiquette than those from away. The ones I see are truly grateful to be able to fish in such a beautiful place where the fish are plentiful and the company pleasant.

#22 ·
Hey Chare...

In reality I consider Mr. Moonlight to be an alright guy. I was just poking him a little because as soon as I read his post I immediately thought of
"Admiral JetSled" whom I would never refer to as a "Tiller Monkey". Firstly I like the Admiral and secondly he might twist my body into the shape of one of his famous "Snake Rolls":whoa: :eek:

#24 ·
Hey Moonlight...

Well, I didn't know you had any jet boats but I knew you were just joking around and that is the same way I meant my post to be. An acre and a half of lawn needs to be mowed, there are packages to unpack in the shop and tackle to be shipped but I find this discouse with my cyber friends to be much more entertaining. :cool:

#25 ·
Joe

Did a search for "Black Doctor" Atlantic Salmon fly recently and came upon a beautiful specimen tied by Joe Gablick. I then visited his site. It's definitely worth a look. I think it's guys like him who should be welcomed on any river. I think it would be a pleasure to fish with him anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.