Fly Fishing Forum banner

Mako...Special Ops Stealth 9600 type III...

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Jim Miller 
#1 ·
Kinetic Sculpture!

See less See more
#6 ·
Special Ops Stealth type III...

Pete...
Quite an eye for detail and an appreciation for the finer things in life!
To answer your question...Jack was certainly a major part of the equation but his "partner" is a force to be reconned with when it comes to the Stealth type III...!

Jack and Judy Charlton are "artists"...
When you buy a piece of sculpture for the coffee table, you fulfill some aesthetic satisfaction...It makes you feel good...
Instead of a signed and numbered wall hanging or a limited edition piece of eye candy, I realized long ago that form and functional were important to me...

Being able to bring my object d'art out on the beach to a magical flooding flat and make it sing (with the help of a Striped focus group)...Priceless!
That REALLY makes me appreciate what a CND milling machine can do in the hands of a Master!
That makes me feel good...and, it's made by my friends! EXCELLENT!

That said...
I hear, from a very reliable source, that Judy enjoys absolutely NO part of suiting up to do the required "vapor blasting" necessary to produce the VERY MUCH A SPECIAL ORDER Stealth type III...
The unique flat off black finish is beautiful but the process must be "coordinated" and "arranged" in advance...and Judy has to fit it into her busy schedule and then fit herself into the industrial strength protective gear required to blast vapor as she does so well!

#8 ·
Good things are worth shooting for.

At your age I would guess you are doing what I did then: getting the best you can afford/trade/bargain for. Captain Gray doesn't really have to have stuff like the Makos but he has worked hard all his life and appreciates the finest items. It is a present to himself which he enjoys more than we will likely know. Work hard, study and give it all you can and the more you do the luckier you'll get. And suddenly one day that reel, that rod, that car, whatever, WILL be in your budget. And when people ask how you did it, just tell them you are on a fixed income ..... YOU fixed it.

BR

#9 ·
Bob Reynolds said:
At your age I would guess you are doing what I did then: getting the best you can afford/trade/bargain for. Captain Gray doesn't really have to have stuff like the Makos but he has worked hard all his life and appreciates the finest items. It is a present to himself which he enjoys more than we will likely know. Work hard, study and give it all you can and the more you do the luckier you'll get. And suddenly one day that reel, that rod, that car, whatever, WILL be in your budget. And when people ask how you did it, just tell them you are on a fixed income ..... YOU fixed it.

BR

And if that doesn't work there is always organized crime...

#10 · (Edited)
Pete
I am saddened and upset with your obvious "self indulgence" and lack of sympathy for the poor and downtrodden common man. (like me). ;)
Please send ME those reels (please include warranty cards). Do this for your own piece of mind and conscience. I do hope it will make you feel better. :tsk_tsk:

:D :D :D

#11 ·
Thanks...

Jim...
I just returned from UPS...:)
Tracking info to follow...:roll:
The yolk of possession opression has been removed from around my neck...:tongue:
Free at last...:D
I'm off to Nepal to live in thin air and eat brown rice...:smokin:
Hmmmmmmm...:razz:

#13 ·
Come on John :roll:
those are ONLY Abel's and Tibors......
certainly your remorse cannot be nearly what Penguin is suffering. :tsk_tsk: ;)

(I hope you guys know I'm kidding ..... except for the part of my willingness to relieve you of this heavy psychological burden :Eyecrazy: )

#14 ·
You're right Jim... I certainly don't have that same remorse... I would think that he could contribute them to that new museum just starting. I think it's the M & M Reel museum...we could then...I mean...The museum can ...give him the appropriate documents to claim the tax deduction.:D :devil:

#15 ·
Greetings from Katmandu...

Jim...Regrets...UPS was not able to find your Adirondack compound and sent it back...'something about "deep woods and too far off the grid" :eek:

John...Are those pre-Chinese versions?:confused: Does the camo help hide the corrosion?:confused: I saw a guy in Hyannis selling Abel knock-offs made in MooGooGuyPan...SWEEEET! :Eyecrazy:

ALL FOR THE TUG!!! :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.