Fly Fishing Forum banner

Got no fishing partners

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MarkS 
#1 ·
Live here in Boynton Beach, FL, and I don't have anyone to fly fish with. It's not that I don't bathe regularly or that I am that ugly, it is just no one in my community is into this great sport. So, being lazy, I just fish for local large mouth bass. If I had my druthers, I'd do the backcounty and/or the flats. I've done the peacock in Miami, and there abouts, but with a guide and a boat (just sold my canoe). I'm experienced and am just as crazy as you guys. Anyone in my area? Let's at least talk. Oh yeah, I do go on trips to South America, Beize, Mexico, Bahamas, once or twice a year, but something local would sure be nice.

#3 ·
Wow, wish I lived closer!

I would like to spend some time checking out the lesser known spots in Florida. Peacock Bass in Miami sounds cool. Do you every fish the canals for those baby tarpon?

#4 ·
Hey Adam,

Family close to you....My wife's Aunt and Uncle live in Hunter's Run, and my brother in law has a couple trailers in Briny Breezes...at least until they sell out to developers...you maybe have read about that in the papers.

We've been down once or twice a year for the past several years...always with fishing gear....We hit Lake Ida for LMB, but mostly have fished the Ocean, since the BILs place is not more than 100 yards from the beach. neighbor has a kayak that I can borrow...perfect setup.

Pleased to post on here next time we're headed down.....last time we noticed some of the spinner sharks following our flies right off the beach...will perhaps try and entice one of the beach next time down.....also tangles with poons, cuda, macks, jacks and the other usual suspects.

Always try to squeeze in a day with Scott Hamilton up in WPB too.....

Will post when we next travel.

mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.