Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reports of keepahz...

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Cole 
#1 · (Edited)
will require validation this weekend :) I have a business trip coming up but the plan is to scout the migration before I leave. Will post if I find any, they're likely still spotty. Not hard to find micro's in the right places (holdovers in the mix)

#4 ·
Hit or miss in the ponds... although Stage was full of schoolies / gone with the next tide (or at least moved on) I did not get to the tub but my guess is that they hit the refuge after Stage or made the awkward southerly swim around SM.

I saw big bass to 41" (and fat) caught by bait guys coming in from a day on the canal on the east end, and they reported commercials limiting out on fat squid eaters on the west end as well.

Due to time, weather and family obs I did not get out to scour the outer beach this weekend but there's always next month.

Summary - schoolie pushes are here but moving fast; local squid and brood sized bass are in early, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of April slammer blues on the squid as well around the usual south spots any day.

I have to head to Upstate NY on business for the week but next weekend should be vewy vewy intewesting

#5 ·
Saturday 4/21 Plymouth beach walked way out to the tip in the flats area near the channel I saw 3 together but no hits on anythin I threw.. Sunday the 22nd was maybe 50 MPH gusts and pouring rain (Perfect fly fishing weather) which kept the jettie walkers home or sitting in their cars watching me enjoy the plymouth jettie all to myself.. tried a variety of clousers,sandflys, surf flys, a couple streamers, and had nothing until I put on an all white 4" white deciever. the marina side I got seven fish all mostly small schoolies with 1 26" and 1 24' (estimated next to my rod) very very slow twitch retrieve maybe bouncing the bottom.. the heavy wind blowing fromt he side was keeping so much slack in my line (fishing from the top of the jettie) that I missed 5 other strikes I just couldn't get the slack in fast enough to set the hook hard enough.

they're here no doubt!

also an unconfirmed report of a 43" taken in hingham hardbor and checked in weymouth but not sure.

#7 ·
LOL on the youtube vid...

So far I've seen lots of schoolies, big fish on the squid/herring southside; cows shooting the canal and on the bayside already, rounding the corner @ Monomoy hit or miss.

Time to get serious about the season...

#9 ·
A friend of mine at work splashed his boat on the bayside on Sunday (4/29). The intent of the trip was to shake down the boat. But when he saw loads of birds working a mile offshore he and his son had to make this a catching trip. 14 keepers later and they called it a good day...all released.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.