Fly Fishing Forum banner

Saltwater fly archives are smoking us !

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  pastortd 
#1 ·
Took a look at the saltwater fly archives which are smoking the steelhead, atlantic salmon, trout and all other archives.

How can that be ? Fresh water fly fishing has a much longer history.

Striblue would you consider converting your efforts in our direction, we need help over here.

There at 1,000s of steelhead and salmon flies alone, and trout flies who knows how many there are of them.

Have to get a digital camera soon, so I can help out here.

#4 ·
Alright Guys... this is what I like to see... this is a flyfishing board and we need to fill up the archives with every fly we can think of and some we haven't.... I am thinking of next years progect.... Copy all of Carrie Stevens flys? All the wet flys??? steelhead.??...how about really testing myself on Classic salmon flys... I hope some of you guys beat me to the punch!!!!

#5 ·
John,

Forget the Classic salmon fly project, I would not want to see any one try and take that project on. That would be sure unneeded mental torture and stress.

Actually, I would rather see every ones home grown flies that are not the standards and available in the fly pattern books or now web sites. Gives my new ideas for my patterns.

Sometimes I think I enjoy tying more than actually fishing. One thing for sure is that most of us probably due more hours of tying than actually fishing.

Hal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.