Fly Fishing Forum banner

cascapedia any reports?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Champ186 
#1 ·
Hi anyone have any reports on the grand cascapedia lately?

#2 ·
Shotgunner and I fished six pools on the Grand Cascapedia Salmon and Lake branches water July 16, 17, 18. Water was low and, as warned, we were skunked. We did not even see a fish until the AM of july 18th when we saw our one and only fish on the Grand. We were told fihsing was only so-so on the main river as well, but that should have picked up because there was alot of rain when we were there.

#4 ·
awsome

Are there many fish around Chris? Did you have 6 hookups yourself? Are the water conditions ok. I cant wait until the 26th hope we have a good trip. What leader setup do you use on the cascapedia? Single or double rod? Never heard of a green ghost is it like a black ghost?

#7 ·
Action on the Cascapedia

In response to your question about Chris' fishing on the Cascapedia....since he was fishing with us, I feel qualified to respond!:chuckle:

As he reported, he got a fish in the morning and yes, he did have all those hook-ups himself..:razz: PLUS, in the afternoon while fishing the A Sector (Mrs. Guest) Chris caught a 25 lb fish.:)

All in all I think that can give you an indication as to the fishing on the MAIN branch of the gran lady herself, the Cascapedia!!

Tight Lines everyone....we know where the fishing is HOT!!

#9 ·
Hi Freddy,

I fished the Grand Cascapedia on 8/6/09, 8/07/90 and 8/08/09. Fishing was tough. The first day we rose 1 fish in Alder Island on a bomber. The second day we rose 3 fish in Morency Island on a Bomber but they wouldnt commit. The weather cooled down the third day and I rose 3 fish first thing on the morning at Alder on a Bomber. One was a taker for sure but I took it away from him after he came for it the second time:Eyecrazy: I rose another fish later that morning twice on the bomber but he wouldnt commit. We got one small salmon that was maybe 10lbs on a wet. The water was still pretty low up at Alder, but there are fish there for sure. Good luck on your trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.