3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
This is an early notice for anyone who wants to get in:
WHEN Month of March
Where ELK Creek
Fee:$35.00
Benefits the Shriners
Prize MONEY$5000.00 :) for the biggest fish

As I get the details I will post them on this thread. All information will be verified when I receive the info pack.

fish we must,
grizz0707

#6 ·
Charlie said:
Peter,

This is probably Elk in PA off of lake Erie. It looks like the gentleman that posted it is from PA.

Charlie.
Figured as much -- just being a deliberate PITA -- any idea how many Elk Creeks there are out there? There's an Elk Creek in PA that a trib of Penns Creek near Coburn -- fished it too -- wonder if he meant that one? :devil:

#8 ·
mjyp said:
PITA I mean Peter, time to go tie some flies my friend.... :D

No kidding, eh?

Here's the latest 'creation' (from about an hour ago) from this wine-soddened PITA -- a steelhead version of the venerable P&O. I hooked steelies on P&Os long before I learned you weren't supposed to. So here's a suitable "steelheaded" version for those cold, clear GL days.

Attachments

#11 ·
peter-s-c said:
Figured as much -- just being a deliberate PITA -- any idea how many Elk Creeks there are out there? There's an Elk Creek in PA that a trib of Penns Creek near Coburn -- fished it too -- wonder if he meant that one? :devil:
I think there is a third one in eastern PA. I need to check when I get home.

....And tell flytyer the truth. "The Tail got chewd off!!!" :hihi:

Charlie

#13 ·
I think there is a third one in eastern PA. I need to check when I get home.
There is one (Elk Creek) in Idaho. Why don't you boys come out here. Compared to the weather in the GLs you'll think your in Florida. :lildevl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.