Fly Fishing Forum banner

Magnolia 7/30

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Fished the outgoing around the islands yesterday afternoon for a little while. Ended up finding tons of schoolies sipping on the surface. Small shrimp fly dead drifted or a tiny baitfish imitation seemed to work well. Very visual fishing as the water was crystal clear and you could see the school rising and falling amongst the tide. Fiesty little guys and it was good to feel a pull on the line again!

#2 ·
Awesome, shades of things to come in fall :smokin:

While scouting Essex recently, the kids had their beach buckets completely full of grass shrimp using dime store nets. 2-3 times the size of the ones I am used to seeing on Monomoy. As I walked I could see the sand shifting like a mirage, all shrimp. As posted earlier there were bass eating them in the shallows among the kids playing at Wingaersheek too.

Conversely they have been largely absent from my haunts to the south. Makes me wonder if shrimp are north-south migrants instead of south-north like many other species.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.