Fly Fishing Forum banner

Kick some bass! Early Bird Special

6K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  bigcat988 
#1 ·
Stripers are starting to spread out from their winter holdover areas in RI. Fish were reported at the West Wall, Point Judith Pond, and upper Providence River. Took 13 bass in a two hour period on an olive Clouser today (Saturday , April 7th).

Art Burton and myself will set up an impromptu chance to catch some early season bass. Many of you have been chomping at the bit, so here's your chance to jump start your season. There will not be much notice or fanfare, so keep posted. No sign-up's required. Just a causal meeting of friends.

Art Burton and I will determine the best tides, times, and date. My best guess would be Saturday or Sunday of the weekend of April, 21-22. The place to fish has not yet been determined.

#28 ·
Ray & Co...I need a rain check!
I'm going to be in the Boston area on business so I'm opting for the KennyMeister presentation in Duxbury...
I hope the weather and critters cooperate for you! I'm DYING to run/fish with you BIG DAWGS...Tight lines and safe wading!
Cheers

#32 ·
Kick some bass! Early Bird Special

We will be mobilizing are fishing locations all morning Saturday, depending on the tide, bait and fishing conditions. Rhody has some excellent tributaries that are in close proximity to each other. It's difficult to pin point where we might be exactly. For that reason we should be able to stay in phone communication. If you happen to miss our first meeting place or join us late, you will still be able to locate us.

If you have a cell phone number e-mail me privately. I will do a group private e-mail Friday evening to all those that respond. Even if you have no cell phone and you are coming Saturday, e-mail me the same. You will still be able to keep in touch with us by getting the phone list and using a public phone.

Friday at 7:00 pm, I will compile the list and do a group e-mail.

Ray

#33 ·
Hey ray,I must have missed something. How do I find your or anyone elses e-mail address on the forum? And not to be too much of dub but I still don't know whrer the initial meeting place is on Saturday. Where is the initial meeting place? I will send you a private note with my phone number even though it was posted for all to see on the forum. How about telling me some of those estuaries names. Again I would like to hook up with you guys but if it doesn't happen I'd still like to have a little insight into the possibility of getting into some fish.

#34 ·
Chris -

Meeting place will be posted Thursday. Art is coming over this morning (Wednesday) to do a little scouting.

If you want to access anyone's e-mail there are several ways. Just play around with the icons at the top of their post. The hot woman icon will give the member's profile, right below your loggin name in the left hand side. Click the mail sign to send a direct e-mail.

Looking forward to meeting you Saturday.

Art just arrived. Say hi! Art. Hi! all

#37 ·
Chris -

I don't think you can do better than where Art and Ray arranged... right there in Colt State Park! Check it out HERE.

Good luck and I am still not completely out of the running to attend... should know by tomorrow.

WHOOPS! Chris I'd better defer to the locals, I just realized there is no camping listed on the Colt State Park homepage. You'd be better off getting this information from Ray and/or Art... any ideas for Chris guys?

#39 ·
John (Big cat), where have you been.?. I haven't heard much from you during the past few months... anyway, I am looking forward to walking Chatham's South Beach with you this spring and summer. See you hopefully at the spring clave or before.

#40 ·
Hey,
Looking forward to meeting folks tomorrow. I'm damn near giddy about even the possibility of getting into some fish. I went out opening day and stood in snow to my knees on the headwater of the Sheepscot just to say I went. Get this my boy Ian 11, who would be coming but he's been fighting leukemia for the last 6 months, was all bummed out that he could't come. He started kind of pseudo-fussing and here's the good part my wife turned to me and said " YOU WILL TAKE IAN FISHING SUNDAY". Boy I should get that kind of punishment more often. Dig ya later. Chris

#42 ·
The private e-mail list of cell phone numbers who reponded was just sent out at 6:00 pm @ Friday. The following name were attached:

Peter Jenkins
Dave Pritchard
Jeff Borkowski
Greg O.
Chris DeLisle
Nick Svencer
Jeff Roop
Ray Stachelek

If you get lost or need directions, call Ray Stachelek? The others might be unfamiliar with Rhode Island locations.

Peter Jenkins of Saltwater Edge will have some goodies he'll bring with him along with some charts of the area.

#43 ·
Helpful Hints:

Need waders, stripping basket, intermediate line and optional sink line might be helpful.

Flies: Spring selections in various sizes, bucktails, Clouser, Capt. Ray's Angel Hair flies.

Others: Camera, beverage, snacks and sandwiches. Plenty of fast food places along the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.