Fly Fishing Forum banner

North Face River Rat Sandals

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
EMS is currently selling North Face River Rat Sandals for $39.99, $55 everywhere else.

I picked up a pair. No velcro, great non-marking soles, comfortable, and seem like they will not come off in the water no matter how crazy it gets. I will let you know how they work once they are field tested. Sure are nice for just walking around.

#2 ·
...R&D...

...They look good but I'm curious how the strap channels will load up with evil sand (that seems to master every defense).
No velcro & sturdy snaps a step in the right direction!

#3 ·
Certainly is a possibility, but that wouldn't really bug me unless they got bulky under my soles. I like the strap system because there is only one endpoint with a nylon adjustment that controls the whole assy.

I'll tell you if it turns out to be a problem, but in any case they will be a quality pair of sandals for the money even if they can't handle Nauset surf, which is better dealt w/ by wearing waders anyway. They do appear to be good kayak sandals, boat, jetty hopping, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.