Fly Fishing Forum banner

Chatham--7/26

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Hawkeye 
#1 ·
One more report for this week.. plan to be on a boat tomorrow.. At the light house at 5...Started at the rocks and picked up a schoolie... early outgoing tide... the problem is that I will not be able to get to this new spot until around 11 AM.. fished for a while and saw lightning in the distance about 6:30 and headed back to the car... took a nap while it rained heavily... My birthday today so my family gave me the whole day off.. after the rest ,went to "Top Rod" to look at flytying stuff and the owner and others were still talking about his shark report a couple days ago. Coffee after, then around 10:30 in light rain with no thunder clouds in the distance went out... walked to the spot... several casts later land a 35 incher... measured... a couple other bumps... then all of a sudden a north wind start blowing softly then hard with white caps and sea level raised, at least it seemed to me ,about a foot. Hightailed it out of there. Home by 12... still heavy rain... now to some sleep and tying.

#9 ·
"Johntosaurus"...a specific wading biped carnivorous dinosaur with a determined stride common to sandy beaches and shallow estuaries, somewhat older than several Hawaiian and Icelandic islands...
Happy Birthday, you old fart!...I can't imagine being that ancient...How did you manage to endure the last Ice Age anyway? (mighty chilly back then...makes wading these days seem like a walk in the park)...
LET'S GO FISHING!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.