Fly Fishing Forum banner

CT Fishing

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  steelheadmike 
#1 ·
If anyone out there lives in the Norwalk / Westport area and have some time tonight, I'll be fishing the Mill Pond around 7pm. I'll be wearing a Blue / White checkered shirt. If you don't see me just listen for the tapestry of foul language, that will be me still trying to figure out the timing of my Powell 8wt AXS. Man that thing is frustrating!!! I get two incredible casts and then the next 5 are crap to bad. I will not be defeated!

#6 ·
Real nice!

At 14, I had to work. Thursday night I have to work.:( If you're off Stamford, there are some great spots from a boat. The Stamford Harbor break wall should produce. At the east end of the east wall there is an opening between the wall and shore, Shippan Point. Big bass like to hang out in that area. The very end of Shippan Point, Hobson Street at the Woodway Beach Club are also very good. Inside the harbor try grass island. It's midway inside on your left as you enter. Todds Point in Greenwich is just west of Stamford. Always good. Caritas Island in Westcott Cove should produce. People have been getting good bass and blues. Bring every line you have. You'll use them.
Never should have sold my boat. :mad:

#7 ·
Boat

Speaking of boat I have a 16.5ft Aluminum Sea Nymph w/ new Nissan 50hp if anyone would be interested. Good inshore boat for when they are in close 1-2 miles off shore. Trying to put together a little capital for the Maritime I want.

Thanks for all the juicy info! If I can sneak out of the office early I will be sure to hit some of these spots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.