Fly Fishing Forum banner

Jack Gartside

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bonefishmon 
#1 ·
Jack Gartside has passed away. He was a colorful and talented flytyer. He'll be missed. FishHawk

#5 ·
i just read his obituary. given how he was so influential on our sport, i was disappointed that there was not a word about fly fishing except for a list of some organizations he belonged to.

well, i have no doubt that fly fishers will miss him: he was a very unique character- very generous with his knowledge and time, as down to earth as it gets, and a persistent perfectionist at least in his fly fishing related endeavors. . he is perhaps the best cataloguer ever of salt water fly fishing in the boston harbor area. his fly tying designs and techniques were not only innovative, but inspirational as well. and he was also a masterful fisherman, and a serious author of things fishing. in our little corner of the sporting world, he left a huge imprint. we are better fishermen for his having been here, and will be the lesser for his departure. cliches aside, he WILL be missed.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.