Fly Fishing Forum banner

Waders

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
Now I need some waders. I have a couple of pair of neopreme type but they are a bit warm when the temperature is above 50 degrees. :) I don't want to spend more than $200.00.

I was planning on the Cabela's Gold Meda but recently I have seen a pair of Wright McGill for a bit less, $140.00. Do any of you guys have an opinion of these or other similar priced ones?

#2 ·
Sorry no experience with those brands but I did buy bargain breathables 2-3 times before finally biting the bullet for the top name brands ($350-400). All I can say is I wish I didn't spend my money on those other waders that couldn't cut the mustard.

Your results may vary ;)

#3 ·
I agree with Juro regarding the purchase of lower level waders to start. I did the same, and I also wish that I'd spent the money on premium waders first.

Buy the best that you can afford, and I would recommend a pair of breathables. They will keep you cool in warm weather, and can keep you quite warm in the colder months if you layer your clothes appropriately under them.

#6 ·
Hey Mickey...

Dan Bailey Barebones breathable stocking foots @ 129.95. I've got 5 seasons counting this one on a pair and they are great.

#8 ·
Dave -

Thanks for your recent help for the good cause at Big Brothers.

Just a reminder that according to our site's honor system (per the terms and conditions at sign-up) when you promote a direct link to a non-sponsor site we ask that you write an email to simms suggesting sponsorship in your own words, cc:sponsorships@flyfishingforum.com

One of the moderators will follow up with simms and hopefully we can get a pair for auction in exchange for a year's sponsorship, banner, etc.

thanks!

#10 ·
I paid 139.00 for a pair of LL Bean neoprene foot breathable waders. They have reinforced knees and I am on my 3rd season of fairley hard fishing, both salt and fresh and they are holding up very well. The only thing I wish they had is integrated gravel guards. These came with the neoprene and velcro ones that I feel are not that effective. I originally bought a pair of Hodgman in the same price range from Beans and got less than a season out of two pair, having returned them because of the failures. When I went back the second time they had stopped carrying that line because of the poor craftsmanship. They replaced the second pair with the ones I described above and I am very pleased. Also, you can't beat Beans' unconditional saisfaction guarantee on ALL their hunting and fishing gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.