Fly Fishing Forum banner

Extreme photos anyone?

10K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  craig 
#1 ·
I check in here frequently but this forum gets little use. Anyone have any "hero shots" they want to post? They don't have to be of your fish...any big fish will do.

#2 ·
I am contemplating taking a bluewater charter to hook a wahoo on the Atlantis two-hander (11/12wt) CND. I'd have to talk then into letting me throw the fly rod instead of their normal crank routine. The problem is a 40# wahoo could take my fly line and all my backing and snap the arbor knot unless the captain will work the boat in a flyrodder's favor.

If I decide to say aw screw it and go for it anyway, I might have a pic for this board in a few days.

#3 ·
I posted these this summer on the Striper Board... Not caught on a fly rod but a spinning rod....Here is the post...."Headed out of Ryders Cove at 4:30 Am... to about 20 miles off shore....Whales, birds and bait... breaking Tuna...Boated 3...I was with my sons Girlfriend's Dad....He trolled big rigs and landed one on that... then we run and gunned with light tackle spinning rods with sluggo's.... No fly rod...when In Rome do as the Roman's do..but no regrets... Long fight, crampped arms on short spinning rods.... 30 pound braided monom and 2 foot 60 pound test tipett. A day to remember... anxious to get out again with a 14 .weight"

Attachments

#7 ·
In the 'long gone olden days...' 6 of use

would go to Westport, WA and charter a 6 man boat and chase king, et. al. with fly rods. More often than not, we were just as successful as guys draging around a dead bait fish.

Had to take turns casting, but two could work the bow area, two the deck well. Two would tip back a beer.

A total scream on 6-8 wt rods!

#22 ·
John,
Now thats impressive!:whoa: I think we NEED to start talking about a trip swap! You get me into some of those beauties and I'll take you on a ride on "On The Edge" for some bluefin on the fly.
And to think, I thought all freshwater fish were just plain puney! :smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.