Fly Fishing Forum banner

Post 4000

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
Thanks for everything and all the good frendships that Flyfishing has brought... some say "it's Just Fishing"...But it is a heck of a lot more when you meet the people here.... here is my 3rd post... my first 2 were short and more questions... This one is dated August 12, 2000 " Well I am now hooked up. I just wanted to say that the last south monomoy trip proved everything I thought. I look forward to see you guys on Saturday. I asked Juro to publish my report from Chatham light but since I'm on now I want to let you all know that my 15 year old son caught his first Keeper on a wand at the Chatham light on Thusrsday AM. 37 inches and a woping 30 pounds... footballs. The next morning at 5;30 am I snagged a 40 incher at 32 pounds. the very next morning I caught a 39 incher at 20 pounds. I bumped into John Marrotta who did capture a picture... but I think the Chatham light might be a good place to stop before any of you jump on the rip ridder for Keiths usual 8 AM trip. Well the impotant thing is that I have a new fishing buddy even though my son did catch Blues with me of Hardings beach 8 or 10 years ago when we were chucking bait. He's hooked thank God. Two quick points... I will be fishing out of a kayak on North Monomoy from now on weather permitting and will look for the guys who made the first South Monomoy trip and others as well ... also for any Fall trips that are in the making I can put up 7 to 8 people at my place off of Rigevale beach in south Chatham. I mentioned this to Dave Person since he is camping usually. Really ,it would be no problem so let me know .when you will want to be down since my wife and kids will be back up in Boston. I will never forget the sight of looking up and down the beach at south monomy with Juro running around snaping pictures and one, two or three rods bending in a constant flow for that majic hour and one half.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.