Fly Fishing Forum banner

Boneclave Official Signup Sheet

4K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Lefty 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry about the delay, here it is:

(link removed)

#2 ·
OK - just tested it and it works. JIMW is a superstar!!!

Notes:

The checkbox for "need ride to island" means "need ride to/from island", in other words if you need to get to Washburn or from Washburn check the box.

Also, when Jim gets back I will ask for a couple of minor edits but it will not affect your existing record.

If you have a change or cancellation please update to make room for others if we over-book.

#3 ·
Thanks Juro, Now were rolling.
Lefty has stepped up to the plate and accepted the job of Equipment manager (for which I am forever grateful), and as I told him, it's past experiances that go to make these events even better than last time. So, three cheers for all the participation, Thanks guys, Just don't forget to sign up!:D

#5 ·
Sean,
I did the same thing when I signed on, luckily for me it was a test from Jim and he caught it and fixed it. He's gonna have some work to do when he gets back. It seemed like editing was a problem, but then again, I'm showing way too much of my"computer expertise"! Now, about my fishing expertise, your gonna have to have a quick boat and follow me around to find all my secrets!:devil:

#7 ·
Stow away...

Case,

No boat here but I may be small enough to sneak in the livewell armed with a GPS. Feel like giving up some hot fly data. Can we expect them to be on chovies, baby bunker?

Sean

Thanks for the assistance. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly you jump on these things. We need to get you out to the East coast soon so we can repay all the favors.

Sean

#8 ·
Sean, Last year during this period the bonito were dinning on not only peanut bunker (although you could almost walk across the Sound on them) but silversides and sand eels as well. My success came from not trying to match the bait, but stand out from it. Most of my fly caught bones were on Bonito bunnies in white or tan, or surf candies. With the method of casting to the sides of the busting fish and letting the offering drift while keeping ALMOST in contact with the fly. A very loose drag and palming the reel worked for me. When ever I would cast into the pod and try to strip I would break off right away, even with 20# floro. I have found that with as little as 8# floro and the loose drag my success was much greater, provided I palm upon take-off so as to prevent the backlash, many more hits with the 8# as well!
I do intend to have you on board once or twice. Looking forward to it.
PS. the livewell's not a bad idea, it dosen't get used for much else.:devil:

#9 ·
I'm in for at least Sat and Sun and will make every effort to be there Fri and Mon as well. I may bring my boat but I'm not sure about that yet. It's only a 12' tin boat w/3hp motor but it would at least get me to and from the island and out to the jetties. I'd still like chance to get on a "real" boat for a couple hours if possible. I'll help out with some food and/or equipment too. I'll have a better idea of what I may be able to contribute once my plans are a little more settled.

Q

#12 ·
From Washburn...

You'd need to be able to get to the jetties and beachfront to have any excitement. This would take a yak or at least a shuttle ride from one of the boaters. Sometimes the inlet from shore is just as exciting as anything else out there, the pics of busting bass I posted were from the rocks and hardtails run the inlet like Weekapaug. You might consider being dropped off on the east jetty, which would permit a walk on South Cape Beach as far as desired.

As the boat/rider ratio settles down we will try to allocate shifts and shuttles accordingly. Those with yaks might consider bringing them for the mobility they afford in and around the island.

As far as lines and such, the usual - either the intermediate and/or sinking head lines same as everywhere else. I hope to have the two new two-hander prototypes available by that outing, fingers crossed. Nobuo informed me that the mandrels and blanks have been completed, now it's a matter of construction and shipping. I am totally psyched!

Anyway, to answer your question we will work out the shuttle / shift stuff once we know how many are attending. I still hope to see some guest appearances from captains and notables from the area although they haven't signed up yet. Maybe the Saturday feast will lure them out ;)

Anyway, more to come. Hope that helps.

#13 ·
The walk/wade back from the jetty isn't bad. I had to do it a couple of years ago after several boats with smiling clavers waved and proceded on by. Thought to myself "what the f#@*" (wink wink). Depending on the boat to passenger ratio I may bring a yak. It would be nice to poke around a bit. While I was fishing from the jetty a guy was constantly picking up fish on repeated drifts in a kayak/canoe or rubber dingy while I managed just a snapper blue and a schoolie.

#15 ·
Attn: Boat Owners.
I noticed something on the list that doesn't jive. Many of the boat owners have listed 0 passengers since they have already filled the 1 or 2 spots with buddies. It would help the planning if you changed the boat capacity to reflect the true number of passengers including yourself. I originally asked for capacity excluding the owner, my bad. It should be quite easy to change the info just click on the 'login to change your info' link on the main page.

Everyone:
Be sure that all attendees sign up including the kids. For kids it's fine to just put Joe's son and just make up a handle, use the same email as you used for your own sign up. This will make it easier for Case to total up the campers and such.

Thanks.

#18 · (Edited)
Lefty,
I updated it earlier this AM. It now says:

Total capacity including yourself [dropbox]
If your boat can fish 2 but you will take 3 and take turns casting then choose 3. Even if you already know who's going to be on your boat enter the total capacity.

Thanks for pointing that out though. I'd say the browser is caching the old page.
Sometimes browsers don't always show you the latest and greatest of a site. If using internet explorer try this.
From the Tools menu choose internet options
on the general tab click the settings button
select the every visit to page radio button option.'
Clicking the delete files button on the general tab isn't a bad idea either. You may be pleasantly suprised with a little speed boost.

Pete, looking forward to seeing you at the clave. You've got to get the all clear from Brian but it looks like we are currently under capacity for camping.

#19 ·
Nice job Jim , this should help sort things out with head count and boat availablity.
Pete, glad to hear it, thanks for signing up.
John, The preferred launch Ramp? No, but the easiest is Whites Landing at Edwards Boatyard in Waquoit. I'll be posting directions again soon.
Now, where the h**l is PENGUIN?;)

#24 ·
I'm out for Fri and Sat . . .

I found out that I have other obligations on Saturday so I won't be able to get to the Cape until early Sunday morning :( . But at least I can stay until Monday :D .

I'm still debating about whether to bring the boat. Any idea what the shuttle situation will be like for Sunday morning and Monday afternoon?

Q

#25 ·
Some of you may have noticed that changes to the check boxes are not sticking. I'll figure out what's busted, fix it and let you know when it's working. Changes to the comments work but I've got a bug with the checkboxes.

I'll post when it's running correctly.

Thanks Sully and Q for pointing out the bugs.

#26 ·
As a general note to Q's post...

Should we plan to have one designated daily pick up and drop off time each day?

The rider must accomodate the boater's schedule I would think. There will be a number of folks arriving and leaving each day. The leavers/arrivers will have to be ready to come/go according to the daily ride schedule.

Thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.