Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - OS Systems Waders
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2000, 11:20 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:OS Systems Waders

Doug -

I can't believe it myself. I bought them before I bought my truck, which is a 1991 Mazda 4x4. I bought the truck very early in 1992, slightly used (30k mi) but still under new car warranty making it a little over a year old. If they don't blow out this coming season, it will be the ninth year. The ballistic nylon outer is starting to show signs of fibers parting from each other from sitting on jetty rocks but the commercial grade impregnated lining does not leak a drop (yet). I have bought another pair but hardly ever use them... unless I have two guests without waders. Rental shops out west use them for rental waders. When this particular shop decided to stop renting waders, their rentals sold in a couple of days... after years of being rented out. I tried to get a spare pair but they had sold out by the time I called.

Like I mentioned before, they are not breathable and this can be an issue on hot days when the water is cool (condensation from the diff). If you wear microfleece the moisture never touches the skin. They are ideal for spring and fall or cool water like you fish up north.

Tell you what, I am seriously considering selling them from Public Market at a discount over retail (if allowed). Retail is only 149.99 as it is. Proceeds would potentially go toward furthering the site, costs, etc.

Although you boast a more svelte figure than I, you're welcome to test them out before you buy. Man do the feet ever go with scuba boots well! Just let me know.

Juro

BTW - my truck died.