Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Fishing in Scotland?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2001, 06:02 PM

[quote]tomd (05-04-2001 12:37 p.m.):
< I fished Castle Grant and Kinchardie (Kin Har Dee), and took one 13 pounder on the Kinchardie Beat - this was in August. These beats run about L70 ($110) per day, and there is a ghillie on the beat that helps you out. This is a much better deal than Tulchan.>

Yep It is cheaper you could also fish the association water at Grantown but if you travel thousands of miles you should fish the best. You get what you pay for if you want rubbish by all means schrimp on the price Kinchardiie is like a canal Castle Grant shares some of its water with the Assocication Water. Tulchan has a limit of 6 rods per beat, you do not have to queue to fish the pool and it is all superb fly water.

I do not fish Tulchan, if I do it is a special treat but if I was traveling from America I certainly would not waste my time fishing the Spey in August.

In August the near by Deveron is starting to reach its peak as is the Ness and Findhorn.

The Connon/ Beauly are timeshare so to sugggest these for a weeks fishing shows a somewhat lack of local information.

I have a week on the Connon and have fished the Beauly at the seasons end to help fill the hatchery.

]

www.speygillie.co.uk