Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Steely Fly Swap
Thread: Steely Fly Swap
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2000, 11:17 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Steely Fly Swap

SWAP UPDATE:

I'd like to accomodate those who would prefer the 'tween time after spring natives and before the summer run - but that would be May. Let's do it sooner than that - how about *before* the spring fishery gets hot and heavy, like February 28th - a good two months down the road.

Please send those flies in to me by Feb 28th and I'll mail out so people will have them to try during the spring fishery. I'll set up a mail list based on the entrants and if you know anyone else with a hot pattern or two please invite them!

It's customary to include a recipe with your flies. Please let me know if you'd like the recipes kept in confidence (as in NOT posted to the internet) and I will only forward to the recipient. At least one should be post-able, they can't all be that hot

Altoid cans are good containers, inside a padded envelope, etc. An audio cassette case in a cassette mailer (avail at mailboxes) is another good option. If you send a flybox I will send it back with the flies you get.

You can tie 6 of the same -or- mix 'em up, no matter.

Enrollment is open thru February, so if you haven't already signed up please do!

Thanks and I will get the mail list started.

regards,

Juro aka. swapmeister 2000