Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Calgary Area & Bow River Info Requested
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2001, 12:42 AM

RE:Calgary Area & Bow River Info Requested

Brendan, You got it!
I'll be more than happy to show you around and provide all the information you need.
The Bow in August is PRIMO water and I plan to spend many days fishing it. I have a drift boat to boot and would gladly take you on a few floats. Buy a ticket in the raflle, you could win and help the Board. I know the local wade access points and the best guides to use if for some reason we can't connect. You can also use either my float tube or pontoon boat while in Jasper or on the way to Banff.
You should seriously consider doing the Crowsnest River, about 2 1/2 hours from Calgary and the Elk River, another hour further.
Both are world class fisheries, and both are situated in the southern Rockies. A 30 fish day on the Elk in August is the norm and 50 is not at all unusual, no kidding. And then ther is the chance of a 12 pound Dolly trying to eat your 17 inch cuttie is also to be expected.
Email me your exact itinerary and fishing day availability/wishes then we will put together the trout fishing trip of a lifetime all the time making sure the other folks in your party also get a great vacation and see the majesty of the Western Canadian Rockies.