Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - LL Bean Classic L rods
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 08:15 PM

I cannot speak to the specific rod with respect to which you want comments. I can, however, sum up Bean's' customer service in one word -- unbeatable. When you buy a Bean's branded product you may return it anytime -- and I mean ANY time -- after purchase for whatever reason and receive a full refund. In the old days, you could do this even without a receipt. You may need a receipt now, but most likely not for Bean's branded product Without a receipt you may be refunded the lowest price for which the rod sold since your purchase, but again, this is something about which I am not sure.

The only store with which I have dealt that matches Bean's on customer service is Orvis. I have never used the customer service of Cabela's or Gander Mountain).

The only Bean's rods I have ever used was an 8-wt, multipiece "Double L" purchased back in the 1980's and a less expensive 8-wt the model name of which I can't remember. The Double L, at the time, was a top-of-the-line rod, the other was more a bottom of the line rod. Both were excellent.

I hope this helps.