Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Blackmouth "Secrets"
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 03:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to beau purvis
kings & blackmouth

25 pulls? 40 pulls? Hell, that aint shallow! my buddy Pete Tronquet and I fished neah bay a lot and were kelpers in 66 & 67 in summers between school yrs. we had to break ourselves from the possion bar, pt no pt, hazel pt habits of being deep.3 to 15 pulls was the ticket.morning or afternoon.didnt matter. we fished all moring once at spike rock.nothing! tide was right at about 3pm and they bit like crazy.I used to live 2 miles from Hazel pt in the good ol days on Hood Canal. I could look at my watch{leave the afternoon social gathering on the patio] hit 30-60 minutes of the tide and return with 1 or 2 big kings.lately I have done the same thing on the canal at a pt further north in late june early july.pink and white clouser.anyway neah bay kings & Ilwaco kings were right on top.i remember one day off shi shi beech in about 30ft of water.candle fish had held in there all summer.we hit it just right with drift mooch herring technique.it was past 10am before my lead was able to hit the bottom.and these days with good fly eguipment those fish shld be available to the fly.beau