Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - What is this called
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 06:13 AM
flyfisha1's Avatar
flyfisha1 flyfisha1 is offline
Marine Scientist
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC, South Jersey, Eastern PA
Posts: 1,080
Re: What is this called

Originally posted by John Desjardins
...So what is it called?
I'd call it "bound to cath fish". Seriously, I have never seen that pattern, appears to be a variation of a bugger. I would imagine that smaller versions of that pattern would be great on practically any freshwater game species, as well as some of the near-shore marine species such as reds, (sea) trout, and small tarpon. I'll have to tie a few of those up this weekend!
After what I've been tying recently, the chance to tie something that takes less than 5 minutes per fly is welcome!

Last edited by flyfisha1; 04-10-2003 at 06:15 AM.
Reply With Quote