Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - What is this called
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Quentin's Avatar
Quentin Quentin is offline
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Berkshire County, MA
Posts: 1,520
Unbelievable. Just today I was thinking about a pattern that would look something like an in-line spinner, and I thought that tying a collar of flashabou around a bulky body might do the trick. Those flies look very much like what I had in mind, although it looks like they use unraveled mylar braid rather than flashabou. I'd be tempted to call them a Mepp's fly but I'd be worried about a possible trademark infringement claim


Last edited by Quentin; 04-09-2003 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote