Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - The Season of Giving
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2000, 03:44 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:The Season of Giving

Thanks for the kind thoughts! I've been so consumed with consuming and have not been home much this turkey season... and when I am I am snoring on the sofa!

I truly appreciate the consideration and would like to suggest that we wait until the start of the year when I set up new programs for fund-raising to cover the costs for 2001. This year is almost over and as long as I survived my wife's inquisition I am cool; and I would hate to come asking for help again so soon with the new year right around the corner.

The plan for the Forum in 2001 is to cover the site costs using the power of the group to do fun prize raffles, fund raisers, etc. There will be no profit taking in 2001 from the Forum, all proceeds will go into prizes for more raffles, etc. I will also introduce a membership program where you can get the swanky FF hat, window sticker, etc - as well as access to some cool on-line services we are working on... for contributing members.

Of course everyone can surf for free at will, but there will be something extra for those who give back, and we'll also do the common fund-raising things like most grass-roots organizations do to help cover costs and make things more interesting.

If this all works out we'll be raffling off a $600 fly rod next year, providing more new line designs to field test for manufacturers, and raising the bar on the already hot conclave trend to new heights!

You're right, this is the season to give thanks - <b>I can't thank everyone enough</b> for making the Forum the coolest place to celebrate our sport on the entire web!