Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Hey guys, let's see your boats
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

Sinktip,

I will gladly give you or anyone else the specifics on Faber's or any other run on the Skagit/Sauk. I only fish them 3 or 4 times a week. (hint of sarcasm here)

I don't think letting people know my opinion (again its just my opinion and I am certainly not the end authority here) of a very well known boat launch run is giving away specifics. Anyone who can read water even barely would be able to tell it probably doesn't hold steelhead. It fishes nice and I will stop there again. I would also fish it if it happens to be my take out as I am sure any one else would.

Do you want to know where if steelhead have been landed in the past 2 days? I can give you that information. I can tell you what flies they were caught with. I can tell you what sink tip was used. I can tell you where in the run they were caught. The top, the bottom, etc. Any one who is in the network of steelheaders on the Skagit/Sauk could also give you that info. There are not that many secrets out there. I don't post when and where fish are caught or what line was used or what fly or what cast was used, what run or where in the run. Nope, I don't do that. I rarely will post up the fact I have caught any fish at all. Nor do I post if any one else has caught fish.

My opinion of a very well known run just doesn't sound like much to worry about to me.

Last edited by KerryS; 04-03-2003 at 06:34 PM.