Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Anyone hear of a Sailfish SF 150 center console?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2000, 09:00 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Anyone hear of a Sailfish SF 150 center console?

Tim, thanks for the feedback... I took it for a ride this morning on a flat calm pond. Boy it was good to have the throttle again! Haven't had a boat since I sold the center console salmon slayer in Seattle.

Hard to tell in the conditions, the hull did porpoise if both of us stood at the helm. Once one of us sat in front of the console she really flattened out on the plane.

The beam is only about 60 somthing inches, and it's a fifteen foot small whaler style skiff. When it's got water running under the hull, it's quite solid handling but when at rest you can really list the boat by shifting weight around. It won't tip or sink, but I could really feel the difference between a wide-beam 17 or 18 footer.

Since I am putting kids throught college over the next decade, it will either be something at this price class -or- a combination new motor and old cheap hull. Maybe an old tin boat with a new four stroke w/ warranty?

Any suggestions for inexpensive boating solutions are appreciated.