Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Living the Thompson Legacy
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2000, 10:32 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Living the Thompson Legacy

Tyler, "T" river god! Simple thank you's won't do for sharing the wonders of your stomping grounds with us. When I showed up with my carbide studs and freshly gnawed beaver wading staff, I thought I was rigged for bear. As we rigged up I didn't take your guffaw seriously but graciously accepted the use of a "real" wading staff anyway. When I got to the river I thought to myself... "where did they get all this butter?". My gluts got a workout while my legs were trying to hold onto the angled boulder tops by the arches of my boots with the current slapping me around. I always tried to look like I was in control but spent most of my wading hours on the edge of a major tumble and swim.

The diversity was part of the thrill, and the largeness of everything in the valley was only matched by the steelhead and the spirits of the people who pursued them. Although only a day and a half, it was an epic visit to one of the incredible places this planet has to offer and I hope I can return the favor to you someday.

Meanwhile, I will sit here at work JEALOUS as hell! I look forward to the next rabid steelheader's convention with great anticipation.

Brian - you were right, the place haunts those who fish it.

Indebted,

Juro