Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - PLEASE READ
Thread: PLEASE READ
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2000, 07:38 PM
admin

PLEASE READ

... and reply when you can.

I've set up the gear threads to appear under public market. The notion is that people who are thinking about what merchandise they might select can either dig thru the board talk or find testimonials and counterpoints in the market section. Therefore let's keep the stuff in there high quality. I hope to archive these discussions forever. Let's be honest, but not offensive if we like or dislike something in the spotlight. Call a spade a spade, but let's not call it a shovel.

This is just a first taste of the kinds of things we will be doing. Our web host offers some voting and reporting software among a wealth of other toys. This will be perfect for seeing what democratic potential we can build up.

Another is the random text program, which I was hoping for - so we can hear a variety of quotes instead of just our good friend and mentor Mr. Gierach.

The list goes on and on, and like all of us I have only so much time and energy. If we can figure out how to pool our energy we can move this thing a lot quicker. I am investigating the possibility of getting multiple accounts and passwords into the server in case anyone volunteers to carry some of the load. Bob Desplaines already has, which led to my inquiry about accounts and passwords for team members.

I'll let you know,
Juro