Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Michigan - Flyfishing Centenarian
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 02:29 PM

Talking Handling stress

Hal - yeah - I had one of those hi-stress jobs as well. It even (minimally) started to affect my health. I forced myself and trained myself to TOTALLY leave the stresses behind me at work when I left my office and closed the door. I started sleeping like a baby, and my health returned to normal.

In fact, that was a turning point. I then picked up on the philosophy I carry with me today, and it helped me keep things in perspective.

Once, a corporate executive said to me, "That was a hard decision, Bob, and you made the right one without working up a sweat. How did you do it?" I then recounted some experiences during the Korean war as an 18 year old kid where life was at stake - and then he agreed with me that the "hard" decision really wasn't that bad.

You just have to keep things in perspective.

Now, for the Great Lakes proposal and status....

1. I have a draft copy of the GLU proposal. If you want, send me your e-mail address, and I will forward it to you.

2. I have a request in to the individual who coordinates these things at TU; haven't heard back yet.

In the meantime, we are having a meeting in Rochester at RIT (a college) on 1/14 with the state conservation organization - they will present their (5 year) outlook and be looking for comment. I plan on attending if we don't have a severe snowstorm. Will keep you posted.

BobK