Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Montana Report
Thread: Montana Report
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2000, 09:24 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Montana Report

Classic fishing report! Thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip to trout mecca. Hope the 5wt gets better soon, hopefully the blank warranty will remedy your battle woes with the airborne monster.

I definitely agree that every good fishing trip is measured by the tangential things as well as the time on the water... like the interesting places that surround the water and the places we play and eat while on the road trip. As Brian mentions, our road trips always have that element to them and I hope our upcoming gatherings continue to do so too.

Even the ferry ride holds a special meaning when OP bound for an ocean coho and summer run combo road trip. Since moving 3,000 miles away from the ferry dock, it really brings back the sentiment to hear that horn. Where Starbucks coffee and Ivars chowder are hot and fresh on the ferry's diner, it can be hard to find a decent cup of coffee in entire districts in some parts of the country.

Sounds like a great roadtrip and the news of your success on summer fish gets me all the more pumped about a fall visit!

regards,
Juro