Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - We survived the Hardcore Clave! Day One
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 05:59 PM
Jonesin...

Very tired claver!

Well,
I just got back from a day on the water with Mike Mayo and his buddy Al. What a fantastic end to an already great weekend. Here are the highlights.

1. Friday - West Wall hooked up with 5 Albies landed the first 3. I was no match for the last 2 with a Bauer M4 with no drag. Sorry Eddie the Tibor is fine and landed 5 albies today. Also had one blue and a fluke (is this a valid slam?)

2. Saturday - Tough day with the wind and surf. No fish. I did enjoy the company of my fellow clavers at dinner. Great stories and fine food. Many thanks to Papa-G for the Filet Mignon.

3. Sunday - A few fish showing at the West Wall in the a.m. but very few hookups. Hit Weekapaug in the afternoon. Things were very slow early but really heated up right at the high. Landed one Albie.

4. Monday - The morning was very frustrating as the fish were keyed in on juvenile crabs. Managed to hook one after Mike offered me his magic fly. We left the picky fish around mid morning and found some more finicky critters. Later we found the motherload and had non-stop action. All told landed five albies on the day. Mike and Al were great hosts. I think we had at least two doubles.

Could not have drawn up the weekend any better.

Hope to see everyone again before the season ends.

Many thanks again to Mike and the rest of the clavers for the great weekend.

Sean