Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - This is intresting !
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 04:20 PM

Exclamation This is intresting !

Well I just got in from doing some flyfishing and had a very scary thing happen. I was catching bluegill with a frog pattern popper. I was retrieving a small bluegill when I seen this monster hog of a largemouth bass engulf my bluegill:eyecrazy: I said this aint going to work In fear of snapping my rod. I remembered I had 5X for a tippet and figured he would snap it. I quickly felt the weight of the bass and then nothing. Well he got the bluegill off without snapping my tippet

Now for part 2:

A little later in a different spot a small bluegill came up to snatch my popper when all of a sudden the little fish lunged out of the water past the popper and skated the surface for about 3 feet , like his tail was on fire At the same time I noticed a large swirling whirl pool just behind the little guy like something was chasing it.

Are we heading into the fall feeding pattern of fish we have had rain and much cooler weather settle in. Seems like the fishing has picked up a bit, at least for warm water. I am now starting to think of the trout that have been dorment for weeks.