Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Cpt. Todd Murphy!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2001, 06:46 AM

Todd is the man. In summary, generous to a fault, great company and definitely the man to hire for fishing the flats of Monomoy.

Check this out:
1. Even though he's a guide, he unselfishly advised the Estey's, Don & I where to head to with the Estey's boat - spots he takes his clients to.

2. Sunday was Todd's day off to spend with his family & his close friend & cousin, Scott. So what does he do on his day off? Todd & Scott come out & check on us. Todd see's that we came close to where he recommended (without success) and gets us organized & moves us on to where he knows we'll get into fish.

3. He invites me to join him & Scott to even out the crews on the boats.

4. Within 10 minutes of leaving the flat we were on, the crew in the Estey's boat is set up on a drift into schools of blues & hooking up. Scott is into a nice blue on his first cast with a sluggo, I'm trying to land a nasty blue on 10# fluoru....

After a few more lost fish we decided that stripers weren't in with the blues & changed to wire. We even convinced Todd to start fishing so he turns around & starts nailing blues on a 6 weight!!!

But what about the stripers? We leave fish to find fish & we definitely found them. Scott on the bow, me sitting down & watching, Todd busting his ass up on the poling platform. It must be in the blood because Scott had no problem nailing fish when it was his shot. Buck fever got to me, watching schools flying across the flats, trying to lead them, casting too far, trying to muscle in the one I did hook......

In summary, I called my wife on the way home and advised her that we are selling the house, buying a cottage on the Cape and of course, a flats boat.

Saying thank you isn't enough for helping to close off a great weekend on an even higher note.

Roop