Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - And so another season is underway!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2002, 07:10 PM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Roop,
Great to see you again this weekend. I'm glad you guys got some fish to throw some flies at this finally.

Saturday Report

Saturday started off slow for me. No fish at first light at the light. Fished from the first rip to two or three turns out on south beach. Wind was honking.

Got back to Parking lot to meet Roop and company as well as Juro and Jeff. Convinced Juro and Jeff that caffiene was in order. We ran into Sean at Monomoy Coffee then headed down to the causeway to catch the first shuttle.

Off on South beach, fished the inside into the hair raising wind. Admitted defeat and headed outside. Didn't see fish, headed inside. Roop lead us to some small schoolies, so we finally found something.

Headed back to the pickup point to get back for the lesson at 1pm. Jeff and GregD were heading in...they had found tons of BIG fish both inside and outside. Penguin and I decided we would wait for the next shuttle. Back outside we went, I picked up one fish around 29" right away, but then nothing else.

Shuttle pick up once again. We see Smcdermott with a grin from Ear to Ear galavanting across the flats. I'll let him tell the story...all I have to say is this guy is learning FAST!

Then it was off to Nauset for Floating lessons. Great first day fishing Chatham!! Great to see everyone both new and old. I got the same feeling as a few others...its gonna be one hell of a season.

Nick