Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Stearns Inflatable Special at...
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 06:25 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

John -

The nearest Costco is in Waltham, Winter Street exit. They have about 10 of them left - they sold 100 in the first batch and there were 85 in this shipment.

They are having a sunglass expo May 17, 18 and 19th as well, I was scoping out a pair of Action Optics but am now going to wait until after the fair. I think they are going to bring in a huge assortment.

Brian -

These are special promo versions of the $299 downpriced to $144.95. They are only available in Costco and one or two sporting goods chains according to the rep. The paddle is a four-pc snap-loc aluminum deal and a serious paddler would replace it, but it fits nice inside the carrying bag with the pump and the yak itself. It's so small you could keep it in the truck for those unexpected opportunities to cross a channel or explore a flat.

I am seriously considering buying two more for opening up a new dimension on the Brewster Flats for friends and clients. My wife and kids and I are beach bums during the summer and these would be a blast to throw in the truck for the beach or ponds.

Granted they are not open water kayaks but they are perfect for hopping from shoal to shoal. Real good life preserver if needed too.

(I should move this thread into the inflatables to emphasize that these are not really yaks)