Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - 30 bonefish flies in the past three days
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Greetings!

I think you have the wrong idea about the Flyfishing Forum, it's principles, and your participation as a business here.

We are a not-for-profit cooperative of flyfishing enthusiasts, professionals and businesses working together to improve the flyfishing experience for people who contribute to this cause.

I honestly believe we can increase the flyfishing experience in people's lives, and we already have for many!

But working together does not mean taking advantage and promoting business interests without contributing to the overall cost and burden of this resource.

For members there are lots of ways to contribute - their posts, friendship, humor, fund-raising, advice, etc. What people put in they get back.

For commercial interests the arrangement we offer is very affordable advertising sponsorship. I'm sure you've heard of this before on the wild, wild web. It's a win-win for both of us! We love our sponsors, and because we are not-for-profit the rates are really low.

Meanwhile the site costs are going higher and higher as traffic increases. We spend countless hours maintaining and upgrading this site, in fact we are in process of moving the entire site to a bigger server each night after our day jobs. We just can't let people view this community as a place to be taken advantage of. It's not fair to the members and other advertisers alike. Please refrain from this.

SO - If you would like to promote your offerings, commercial websites, products, etc - please contact me about sponsorship. It's getting harder and harder to keep the site running as it's growing so fast. It's not a place where you should come take advantage of the community by advertising without sponsorship.

Your openly promotional posts have been moderated until we work out all the details.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Juro