Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Stearns Inflatable Special at...
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Stearns Inflatable Special at...

You guessed it... COSTCO!

$145 with pump, paddle, and duffel. So light you can carry it out to the edge at low tide, launch it anywhere, anytime. This is my top criteria after 'does it move forward when paddled?'.

NOT good enough to fish from, NOT a bluewater craft, NO storage capacity - won't even carry an anchor most likely.

It's really not a yak, it's a pool toy. But it will put me on the outer shoals and get me back. If I can't get back in because I waited too long there is a place to put my camera and wallet if I need to swim along with it to get off a flooded bar. All I need in such a case is my life, a dry wallet and expensive electronics kept dry - everything else can be cleaned and dried.

YES - I will buy a real kayak from one of our sponsors eventually, but for now this is going to be my temporary plaything to extend my reach just a little further than my cast from the shore. From this I will learn exactly what I need for my impending big purchase, a real kayak. It will always be a hit with the kids when I move on.

I'm actually PSYCHED!