Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Its arrived
Thread: Its arrived
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2002, 09:22 PM
Recent Member

Hi , Good luck with your yak. I just picked up a Tarpon last month. I choose it after reviewing forums on Sitontopkayak.com and Texas Kayak fishers. I've been out twice and need to point out something to check. I traveled 6 mi home and 2 mi.
to the lake with it on top of the truck . The last time when I took it off at the lake a screw popped from the front hatch strap . I returned to the dealed who replaced it. When I got home I found a rear strap missing both sides had come off. I was able to find the strap undamaged . When we looked inside we found all the belt screws to be too short to reach the nylon lock in the nuts .(3 nuts loose laying inside) Replaced them all with longer ones .I also used ss eye hooks on the rear hatch belts with large washers so I can bungie stuff behind me . Check all your screws before you go too far !!! Good luck .Ps Look at Http:/users2.ev1net/~sherifoster/rh/ for a real clean way to rig rear rod holders on this boat. I put pluged rubber hose over the intrusions inside the boat so the holders are water tight incase of a roll over.

Last edited by seamoose; 02-23-2002 at 09:40 PM.