Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Maine Salmon C&R Debate
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2000, 09:53 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Maine Salmon C&R Debate

Tim -

Do you have contact information or know how I might contact Ed Baum? (I like this guy)

I am thinking perhaps we could contact LL Bean and Kittery etc to do something to fight this bill. It would certainly send a good message to the public to have a fishing-oriented giant like Bean or Kittery stand with the Forum against this clear "exploitation without preservation" bill.

Ed would be key to strengthening the message to the public. When I started this site I was motivated to figure out how to use the web to make things happen. This seems to be a great cause and the timing is right. If nothing else we can do a good job communicating, if we do it right we can raise a lot of awareness and steer things the right way.

I hope to heck that someday the Saco, StCroix, and all Maine runs are healthy enough to support salmon angling - but I don't see this as the way to get there.

Pete if you aren't completely tied up with your masters program - do you have any contacts with statistics on current return rates and impact?