Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Bahamas Bonefishing - Do it yourself
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2002, 08:37 AM

Fishhawk's Question about (Green?) Turtle Cay -

Fishhawk,

If your friends are referring to Green Turtle Cay, it is located in the Abaco's just north of Marsh Harbour. I looked at that location last year while planning my 10 year anniversary. The only notes that I have written in my Bahamas file are cut and pasted below. I eventually chose Harbour Island in Eleuthera - which is also a great choice. It has a number of decent hotels (Coral Sands, Rumora Bay Club), and one world class hotel (Pink Sands). It is also home to one of the finest guides in the Bahamas (Bonefish Joe Cleare 242-333-2663). You also have the ability to wade on your own on the dump flat right next to downtown (make sure that you have an early or late incoming and you will see numerous tails). My wife, who does not fish loved every minute of the trip. The only downside to this trip was the cost. It has to be one of the most expensive places to fish in the Bahamas.

Mike

Green Turtle Cay - Central Abaco - Remote
Green Turtle Cay Club, casual atmosphere 242-365-4271
Airport - 5 minute Cab, 15 minute Ferry
Jen - Beach, Eat, no spa
Bonefishing - Guides Availible via GTCC call front desk (250-300 a day) - DIY, Two Bay's Cocco, and Bluff Harbour Cay both within walking distance - productive on incoming tides, Hard wadeable bottom. Guided Marl trips can be accessed via ferry, cab, and guide