Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Where are the Atlantic Salmon Fisherman ?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2001, 11:02 AM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
Here's one salmon fisherman (I just registered a few days ago). I fish them twice a year, once in late June on the Gaspé, once in late September or early October in northern New Brunswick. June affords me salmon on dead drift dries, fall gives me gorgeous maple colors. And although I live in the Finger Lakes region of New York, I consider the North Umpqua to be my home steelhead river. I've fished it for over 25 years. I participated in the steelhead project with the Wild Salmon Center in Kamchatka in 1996. My trout fishing happens here in NY, on a limited basis, and my wife and I have traveled to Montana every year for about 30 years. We also trout fish in Idaho. I do a little bonefishing and tarpon fishing every year. Absolutely love atlantic salmon, and would like to spend more time in the PNW with the west coast version (mykiss, not feral salmo).

bill