Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Favorite Vacation Spots?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2001, 01:32 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Recently spoke with a very nice couple who are avid FF'ers (lucky guy!). I was dining with my wife and they happened to sit right next to us. They recommend the Kamalame hotel in the Bahamas because of it's all-around appeal with respect to accomodations, beautiful surroundings, and excellent bonefishing. His wife went out of her way to say that it was a wonderful place aside from the fishing, and that even got my wife interested in such a trip.

http://www.frontierstrvl.com/pages/s.../kamalame.html

With so many options out there a first-hand testimonial from a couple helped convince us to look into it. Might be a good choice for you too.

Also try contacting Harry Koons of Nauset Angler about Casa Blanca, he is putting together a return trip down there after a great trip in November. He can offer first-hand advice and I believe his wife went too so you could get her perspective as well.

I've been to the Keys on three occasions but I would have to say that with a few exceptions like Bahia Honda State Park there are not a lot of beaches if that's what she would expect.

Good luck!