Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Editorial on Steelhead Management
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2001, 07:01 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I've never heard it put so well. I especially admire the attention given toward the keeping the most important elements of this debate "first and foremost" while still remaining fair to all but those who would be unfair themselves.

You already know that we here all feel it's a matter of national pride, in fact international pride to respect these magnificent fish as they so deserve to be respected. These fish are not meat and should not be managed as such.

As the time nears, I can only thank all of you who can make the meeting in the flesh and extend my utmost respect and appreciation for everything that has led to this and will continue in the days to come.

To Sinktip and all of the honorable steelheaders of the great Pacific Northwest, I know I am not alone in extending my deepest respect for what you're doing.

We thank you for proving to the world that it's the angler who is the steward of our natural treasure, the wild steelhead. It's not only our days on the water that stay with us forever.

Juro